About This Property
If you are thinking of spending your holiday in St Ives or Carbis Bay, Cornwall then Sea Esta self-catering holiday home is the perfect choice for you. With spacious accommodation for up to six people, Sea Esta is a stunning, fully equipped, luxurious holiday home which has been specifically designed to ensure that your stay in St Ives or Carbis Bay is as relaxing and restful as possible. Located only five minutes from St Ives town centre and Carbis Bay beach, Sea Esta offers all the perks of a St Ives or Carbis Bay based self catering holiday with the added bonus of ample parking and level rear lawn – ideal for all ages and pets.
Please contact us for availability information on this property:
Mobile: 07595 189147
Telephone: +44(0)1736 794193
Contact hours: 8am – 9pm, 7 days per week.
Availability Saturday to Saturday
Thank you for a lovely week, Sea Esta is ideal in every way and we cannot thank you enough for having helped us when Cornish Gems canceled our holiday the day before our holiday was due to start.
Matt, Amy and Family – August/September 2017
Doug, the owner could not be more welcoming and accommodating. A pristine holiday home for our wonderful fortnight in Cornwall. We’ll return soon.
Nigel and family – August 2017
Lovely property, good location for walking to St Ives and the local beaches. Good banter with Doug next door who was very helpful. Had a great week exploring the coast and will come again, many thanks Doug x
David, Mike, Stace and Chris – July 2017
We cannot thankyou enough Douglas for your hospitality, we all had a wonderful week in your beautiful property and sincerely hope that we return again soon x x
A Parton and family – April 2017
Thank you Douglas for a wonder week with lovely weather, Sea Esta was everything and more “exactly as on the website”, thanks again and hope to see you again soon.
Fisk family – April 2017
Beautiful house, ideal for all three generations of our family, great location with easy access to both St Ives and Carbis Bay, thank you very much for your hospitality it was most appreciated, thank you.
Webster family – October 2016
Wonder house in a beautiful location thank you very much indeed and looking forward to seeing you again next year.
Plester family – September 2016
Many thanks to Douglas, great holiday, fantastic accommodation, many thanks!!
Townsend family – September 2016
Click on the thumbnails below to read the reviews. Please note: All reviews are taken from this property’s customer feedback book.
Fantastic week, loved every minute, well deserved five star accommodation, many thanks.
Barrett-Small & McCade family – August 2016
A beautiful house in a beautiful location. We had an amazing time – don’t want to go home, we loved it, thank you.
Riley family – August 2016
Thank you for another lovely holiday in St Ives, you’ve set a really high bar for accommodation, it’s the nicest holiday home we’ve ever stayed in.
Taylor family – July 2016
Another stay in Cornwall, the house is very comfortable and just a short walk in to St Ives. The dogs had a great time playing in the garden. We all had a wonderful time, thank you for the wine and flowers on arrival.. much appreciated after a long drive, can highly recommend.
Liz, Avril, Linda and Fiona – July 2016
We have been to Cornwall many times but can honestly say that staying at Sea Esta has been a far superior house than any we have stayed in before. Douglas is wonderful and very friendly, the dogs had a great time in and out of the garden. We look forward to coming back and staying in such comfort again very soon. Thanks for everything especially the wine.
Brenda & Andy – June 2016
Thank you for a fantastic week in this beautiful house! The weather was superb! The sun was out every day and look forward to coming back soon.
Wood family – May 2016
Thank you for a lovely stay at Sea Esta 5 star quality and love St Ives. Will definitely be back as a great location, can enjoy all the beaches in the area from this lovely house. Great for all the family form 2 years old to 80 years old, see you again soon.
Tyler family – May 2016
Thank you for the loan of your lovely house, wine and flowers, had a great stay all very clean and homely. Cornwall is lovely and will hope to visit again soon.
Morgan family – May 2016
Fantastic Easter break, great house, enjoyed the “home form home” convenience of 2 Sea Esta, fantastic shower with epic lighting. Thanks for the wine and flowers and we look forward to sharing a desert in the Watermill again soon.
Tim, Julie, Lewis and Ava – April 2016
We’ve had a lovely week staying at the Sea Esta, excellent accommodation, everything we needed and a superb location. We have enjoyed many beautiful walks along the various coastal paths, thank you.
Tony & Debbie – September 2015
Sea Esta is a fantastic holiday home, immaculate rooms and lovely art work adorning the walls. We realy loved the feel of Sea Esta. A great base for visiting some gems of Cornwall and wish we wcouls stay for another week.
Lynsey, Vinnie, Joy, Genie, Hazel and Phil September 2015.
Had a great week, the beaches and walks over Carbis Bay are wonderful, thank you.
The Moores family – August 2015.
Fab house, fab location, stunning Easter weather, surfing and the best restaurants, Cheers. Epic holiday and epic house – Milly aged 6
Hayes family – Easter 2015
Oh the fun we had! Thank you for a lovely week, see you soon and do not go changing anything x x x
Hinton Family, Swindon
Lovely property and beautiful resort. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will be telling all our friends and family to come and stay at Sea Esta here in St Ives. Thank you.
Woolleys Family, Haydock
A lovely holiday, brilliant weather, beautiful St Ives and very nice accommodation.
McGregor Family, West Yorkshire
A little gem in a lovely quite cul-de-sac that’s perfect for all the family to walk to the beach and haven’t had to worry about where to park, ideal!
Gatsworthy family, Sussex, April 2014
Truly superb, despite what the news has being saying about the weather we were not affected at all, see you next year with the rest of the family.
Harold family, Dorset, March 2014
What a wonderful house and location exactly what it says on the tin, see you soon x x
Johns family, Midlands, February 2014
Wow! What a great New Year, every thing and more thank you so much.
McGreggor’s, Scotland, January 2014
Absolute heaven, ideal location, easy access to both St Ives and Carbis Bay, great for all the family, thanks a million and see you next year.!
Stephens family, London, December 2013
Superb!!!, A truly relaxing chilled out time. Our second time in one of these 5 star properties and definitely not the last. St Ives is beautiful – we cant wait to come back!
Miles family, West Midlands, November 2013
Excellent accommodation, lovely week in St Ives, great beer at the Cornish Arms, super food at Porthminster Beach Café and great walks along the Cornish coast paths.
Hughes family, York, October 2013
Fantastic holiday celebrating Willows 1st birthday. Lovely house, lovely weather, lovely restaurants and beautiful scenery. Thank you so much.
Burnett family & friends, Berkshire, October 2013
We have all had a very enjoyable stay in St Ives. Sea Esta is a very comfortable house and a very good base to go exploring.
Lynn & Barry, Ruth & Bob and Chris & Mick, Surrey, September 2013
Many thanks from us all, we enjoyed our stay here in your very comfortable house! Another great holiday in Cornwall.
The Green & Turner families, Grimsby & London, September 2013
This has been a lovely house to stay in and we all had a wonderful holiday, thank you.
The James family, Derbyshire, August 2013
Thanks for letting us stay in your house, absolutely first class.
The Bajway family, West Midlands, August 2013
Great accommodation, great weather and we will be back again, thank you for your hospitality.
The Norman family, Wiltshire, July 2013
Thank you so much, it was so nice to be met by you and shown around your beautiful home. The weather has been brilliant just as summers used to be and the accommodation just as brilliant, all we could of asked for and more, see you again soon x x.
The Edwards family, Liverpool, July 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you, just the tonic we needed, spotlessly clean, beds were yummy, wine excellent, flowers beautiful, every thing you needed and the rear garden is such a sun trap. See you again soon x x
The Greggs family, Yorkshire, June 2013
Thank you for letting us stay, it was lovely and the weather has been lovely too x
The Jordan family, London, June 2013
Just to say we loved every minute at Sea Esta, quiet, cozy, ideal for all the family and the weather has been great.
The Patel family, Leicester, June 2013
Wow, what a great house, weather has been great and an ideal location. Thank you.
The Mitchell family, Scotland, May 2013
Thank you for having us and thank you for making us so welcome. The enclosed garden was ideal for our little girl and what a sun trap, absolutely lovely.
The Evans family, Wales, May 2013
As they say “just like it says on the tin”
We feel so privileged to have been the first family to stay in your beautiful new house. It is every thing and more, light, airy, spacious and so cosy. We all loved it and cannot recommend it enough, thank you once again and we look forward to staying again in the near future x x
The Blunt family, Cotswolds, May 2013
- 5 star quality
- Sleeps 6
- 6 Seat Dining Table
- All linen, towels and tea towels provided
- Located in one of St Ives most sought after locations
- Parking for 2 vehicles
- Enclosed level lawn to the rear
- Patio area complete with garden furniture
- Complimentary refreshments and flowers provided on arrival
- FREE WiFi
- Where’s my nearest…?
- Pub: 5 minute’s walk
- Supermarket: 2 minute’s walk
- Train station: 15 minute’s walk
- Beach: ½ mile
- Golf Course: ½ mile
With spacious accommodation for up to six people, Sea Esta is a stunning, fully equipped, luxurious holiday home which has been specifically designed to ensure that your stay in St Ives or Carbis Bay is as relaxing and restful as possible. Located only five minutes from St Ives town centre and Carbis Bay beach, Sea Esta offers all the perks of a St Ives or Carbis Bay based self catering holiday with the added bonus of ample parking and level rear lawn – ideal for all ages and pets.
Should you require a food delivery upon your arrival then Tesco’s St Ives can arrange same, the postcode is TR26 2PQ, remembering to make sure that any shopping is delivered after your 3.30pm arrival. The nearest supermarket is Tesco’s and located ¼ mile away. St Ives is located 1 mile away having the nearest bus and railway stations with various shops. The nearest pub is the Cornish Arms and located at the bottom of Wheal Venture Road on the left. The nearest beach is Carbis Bay ½ mile away.
Upon your arrival you will be met, provided with the necessary keys, given a tour of the property, advised on how things work and any questions answered. There will be tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar, complimentary bottle of white & red wine along with fresh flowers. Please note that the arrival time is strictly between 3.30pm and 5pm, unless arranged previously.
Solid hard wood, white painted, half glazed front door leading into…
Cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, radiator, carpeted, coat stand and oak part glazed door leading into…
Hand made stairs with oak hand rail, white encased LED stair lights, cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, mains Smoke Alarm, Burglar Alarm control panel, fire extinguisher, radiator, central heating thermostat, power points, carpeted and oak doors leading into…
Inset LED down lighters, luxuriously appointed with Villeroy & Boch porcelain tiled floor to ceiling with wall mounted Villeroy and Boch wc with float-down lid, wall mounted semi-pedestal wash hand basin with monobloc tap, mirror, light and shaver point over with chrome ladder style heated towel rail.
Super size room having PVCu double glazed south facing doors leading out to the rear patio and garden area with 2 radiators either side, cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters with dimmer switches, wall mounted flat screen television with HDMI connections, side unit under housing DVD player, carpeted, 2 sofa’s, lamps, various plants and wall hung art work, ample power points with double part glazed oak doors leading into…
A super room, again having PVCu double glazed south facing doors leading out to the rear patio and garden area, with 2 radiators either side, cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters with dimmer switches, mains Smoke Alarm, wall mounted Fire Blanket and oak flooring. Kitchen comprises of an extensive range of high quality solid oak fronted eye and base level kitchen units with soft closing doors and drawers with chrome T bar style handle’s, extensive black granite worktop surfaces over, stainless steel under mounted sink and waist with mono bloc tap, routed double draining area, 3 tile high white splash back, integrated NEFF double oven & grill, Neff 5 ring gas hob with glazed and stainless steel extractor hood over, fitted NEFF microwave, integrated Neff fridge, freezer and dishwasher, ample power points, encased floor level blue LED lighting. Dining table and chairs to seat 6 people, side unit and various cutlery, crockery, cooking and glass ware.
Cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, radiator, central heating boiler and fuse box, power points, range of high quality solid oak fronted base level kitchen units with soft closing doors and chrome T bar style handle’s, work surfaces over with 3 tile high white splash back, stainless steel sink with drainer and mono bloc tap, oak flooring, washing machine, hover, iron and ironing board.
First Floor Landing
Via hand made stairs with oak hand rail, white encased LED stair lights, Velux window, cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, attic hatch, mains Smoke Alarm, radiator, power points, carpeted and oak doors leading into…
Inset LED down lighters, PVCu double glazed window to the front with sill, luxuriously appointed Villeroy & Boch porcelain tiled floor to ceiling. Fitted with atmospheric inset blue LED lighting, wall mounted Villeroy and Boch wc with float-down lid, wall mounted semi-pedestal wash hand basin with monobloc tap, mirror, light and shaver point over, panelled bath with monobloc tap, mains connected thermostatically controlled shower over with glass folding shower screen and chrome ladder style heated towel rail.
An attractive rear south facing room with cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, PVCu double glazed window to the rear, king size double bed with matching bed side chest of drawers and matching lamps, triple wardrobe and chest of drawers, wall mounted flat screen television, wall hung art work and carpeted.
Inset LED down lighters, luxuriously appointed Villeroy & Boch porcelain tiled floor to ceiling. Fitted with atmospheric inset blue LED lighting, wall mounted Villeroy and Boch wc with float-down lid, wall mounted semi-pedestal wash hand basin with monobloc tap, mirror, light and shaver point over, chrome ladder style heated towel rail with enclosed shower and mains connected thermostatically controlled shower with double sliding doors.
An attractive rear south facing room with cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, PVCu double glazed window to the rear, zip bed which can be used either as two single beds or joined together as a super king bed with matching bed side chest of drawers and matching lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers with wall hung art work and carpeted.
An attractive front north facing room with sea views, cornice ceiling, inset LED down lighters, PVCu double glazed window to the front with sea views, king size double bed with matching bed side tables and matching lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers with wall hung art work and carpeted.
Sea Esta is approached from Wheal Venture Road via a wide bricked paved driveway offering ample parking for several vehicles and turning, flanked by Cornish hedges, bin storage to the side with out side tap and a level lawn to the rear enclosed by timber fencing with drying area.
Check-out is strictly by 10am.
Keys are to be posted into the wall-mounted post box by the front door on departure. You are asked to leave the house clean and tidy, any unreasonable additional cleaning required will be charged for.
Sea La Vie
Wheal Venture Road
Mobile: 07595 189147
Telephone: +44(0)1736 794193
Contact hours: 8am – 9pm, 7 days per week.
Making a Booking
We recommend that you read carefully the terms and conditions prior to making a booking. Please print the terms and conditions for your reference.
Once you have selected the dates of your choice we recommend that you telephone to check availability and have alternative dates in mind in the event that your initial choice has already been booked. Please remember to mention any thing that we should be aware of such as allergies etc in order for us to ensure your comfort and safety whilst you are with us. Whilst we can take a provisional booking over the telephone, your application must be made on the Official Booking Form and completed in full. Bookings made more than 6 weeks in advance require a 1/3 deposit plus booking fee. The balance plus extras is due 6 weeks before your holiday commences. Bookings made less than 6 weeks in advance require the full charge plus booking fee and any extras. A non-refundable booking fee of £20 is payable on all bookings. After you have completed the Booking Form and submitted it, we will respond to your booking request as soon as possible. If the booking is confirmed, we will then send written confirmation as soon as we have received and processed your payment. If there are any problems with the booking or if the property is no longer available, we will let you know as soon as possible. Please note that completing and submitting the booking form DOES NOT GUARANTEE the booking. Bookings are not confirmed until you receive our written confirmation. We reserve the right to refuse a booking under any circumstances.
On confirmation of the booking the balance plus extras is due 6 weeks before the commencement of the holiday. We regret we do not send reminders – the balance due date is on the confirmation form. If the balance is not received within 7 days of the due date we reserve the right to cancel the accommodation as per the conditions for cancellation.
Method of Payment
Payments may be made by:- Cheque made payable to Mr D Vallender or Bacs A charge of £20 will be made for any dishonoured cheques, which will be added to your account.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY BOOKING.
- This Hire Agreement shall be between the Hirer and the Property Owner.
- The accommodation is let for the specified number of tenants only totalling a maximum of 6 people. The name of each occupant is to be listed on the booking form together with the ages of those under 21 years and there is to be no alteration to this list without our prior consent.
- The property is let on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no rights to remain in the accommodation exist for the tenant or any person accompanying him/her on holiday. The tenancy confers upon the tenants the right to occupy for a holiday within the meaning of schedule 1, paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988. Should the booking conditions not be met, the tenant agrees to pay any additional charges incurred and we reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy.
- We regret we cannot accept bookings from all male or all female parties more than 2 in number, or for groups of single persons under the age of 30 years. We cannot accept a change of holiday once we have received your deposit, however subject to an administrative fee of £20 we may be able to alter the date. If this is not acceptable and you decide not to take the holiday it will be deemed you have cancelled the holiday booking and any resulting charges will apply. A “deposit against breakages” of £100 is held for each letting, and is returnable in full normally within 14 days of completion of the holiday should no loss or damage be incurred. Please ensure the booking name is correct, as the ‘deposit against breakages’ is returned to the person that the booking is made out to.
- A further £100 per person refundable deposit on persons within the party under the age of 21 may be payable, if deemed necessary.
- We cannot accept a change of holiday once we have received your deposit, however subject to an administrative fee of £20 we may be able to alter the date. If this is not acceptable and you decide not to take the holiday it will be deemed you have cancelled the holiday booking and any resulting charges will apply.
- A “deposit against breakages” of £100 is held for each letting, and is returnable in full, normally within 14 days of completion of the holiday should no loss or damage be incurred. Please ensure booking name is correct, as the ‘deposit against breakages’ is returned to the person that the booking is made out to.
- If due to any occurrence beyond our control the accommodation is not available as booked, e.g. fire, flood, all monies paid will be refunded in full and hirer/tenant shall have no further claim against us. We reserve the right to amend prices/descriptions quoted due to errors and/or omissions. Whilst every effort has been made to describe as fully as possible the property, changes may have been made that have yet to be advised therefore we cannot be held responsible for any disappointment caused where a customer has differing expectations to those detailed in the description. All details are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but their accuracy is not guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to amend prices/descriptions quoted in the brochure due to errors and/or omissions.
- Whilst every effort has been made to describe as fully as possible the property, changes may have been made that have yet to be advised, therefore we cannot be held responsible for any disappointment caused where a customer has differing expectations to those detailed in the description.
- All details are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but their accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Where car parking is provided, use of this is entirely at the tenants own risk.
- You will be pleased to note that we do allow dogs, by prior arrangement only, for which there is an additional charge of £50.00 per dog per week, plus £50.00 per dog per week “deposit against damages” and require confirmation as to the dog’s size and bread prior to Booking. Further, for Health & Safety reasons of subsequent holiday makers possibly having allergies to dog/s, any dog/s whilst in the property are to be kept in the kitchen/dining area and nowhere else in the property whatsoever and prior to departure all traces of the dog/s are to be removed from both the inside and the outside of the property failing which additional cleaning charges will be attributed. We cannot guarantee that dog/s have never occupied the premises.
- Further, for Health & Safety reasons of subsequent holiday makers possibly having allergies to pets/dogs, any pet/dog whilst in the property are to be kept in the kitchen/dining area and nowhere else in the property whatsoever and prior to departure all traces of the pet/dog are to be removed from both the inside and the outside of the property failing which additional cleaning charges will be attributed. We cannot guarantee that pets have never occupied the premises.
- We do not accept responsibility for work taking place outside the boundary of the property nor for any noise or nuisance arising from same.
- We cannot accept liability for events that occur outside our control, such as normal breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring and damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions. Once advised of a problem we will take immediate action to try to affect a speedy solution, minimizing any inconvenience caused.
- Complaints/problems should be reported as soon as possible during occupation of the rented property. Any complaints received on departure or when you return home cannot be dealt with, as it should be appreciated that it is not possible to correct or investigate effectively at that time.
- Tenants must observe any general rules and regulations applying to the property such as strictly no smoking in the property or on the premises, no foot ware to worn in the property, no sand in the property and no items to be washed which contain sand.
- Tenants must do nothing to make void or voidable any policy of insurance, must not cause a nuisance to neighbors and must allow the landlord his servants or agents reasonable access.
- Premises must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure and the keys placed in the letter box by the front door, occupied between 3pm and 5pm, to allow adequate time for cleaning the premises, where upon you will be met and given a brief over view of the property and any questions answered. Arrivals outside of these times are ONLY ACCEPTED BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT.
- All accommodation must be kept and left in a clean and tidy state both inside and out, all furniture returned to the place in which it was found, as per upon your arrival, no furniture from inside the property to be taken outside of the property and no garden furniture is to be taken inside the property.
- We reserve the right to withhold part of the damage deposit toward extra cleaning costs where a property has not been left in a reasonable condition or where services provided such as electricity and gas have been abused.
- Premises are fully checked between lettings and any damage to the premises or equipment is fully chargeable to tenants.
- Tenant’s liability is not limited to the £100 deposit against damage/breakages.
- Personal property is at the Hirer’s own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss of or damage to such items. Personal property left by the tenants can be forwarded upon receipt of a minimum handling fee of £5.00 + VAT. Unclaimed articles will be disposed of after a period of 28 days.
- Breach of any of these conditions shall entitle the landlord/Agent to resume possession forthwith.
In the event of a cancellation, for any reason, we must firstly be advised by telephone followed by written confirmation within 7 days. We will make every effort to re-let the property at full cost (or reduced rate if applicable). If the property can be re-let, we will refund all monies paid less a £50 (+VAT) administration fee and the £20 booking fee, once the deposit has been received for the new booking and these funds have cleared. If we are unable to re-let the property you will become liable for the full cost of the holiday. It is a condition however that we are notified immediately by telephone of the circumstances giving rise to a cancellation, and the same must be promptly confirmed in writing. We recommend that the Hirer takes out insurance to cover the cost of events such as losses, damage to personal belongings and cancellation. We do not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on our part or any other person not within our employ or otherwise under our control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Tenants or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the letting. In addition, we accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Tenants possessions on the property or land.